The only items that I buy canned anymore are diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and paste. Eventually I plan to learn how to can my own home-grown tomatoes and will not even buy these canned! But for now, this is reality.
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta (your favorite type!)
- 1 pound of hamburger (or venison, which we often use)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small cans (or one large can) tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (or fresh basil)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- Brown hamburger in garlic, onion, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add in tomato products.
- Add in zucchini and squash.
- Add more of herbs and seasonings (if desired).
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.