2012 was a year full of change… change for a more simple and intentional life. I’m thankful for all of the change, but the one thing that change brings is more craziness and messiness (for a period of time). As many of you know, I have determined that life is just crazy and messy, but for my sanity, I need some more consistency!
So, adding to my desire for living simply and intentionally, my word for the year 2013 is consistency! I want to take all of the things that I began in 2012 and become more consistent with them.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Focusing on growing our family spiritually… being consistent with family devotions, talks about spiritual things, and just being together more.
- Being more consistent with making my kids be more independent (doing less of the things that they can do on their own)
- Being more consistent in giving. I have such a desire to give, but I allow things of this world to get in the way!
- Spending more time outdoors!
- Spending more time pouring into others (including my family, friends, my junior high students, my preschool students, etc)
- Spend less time on the computer (we’ll see… ha!)
- Focus on consistency in my “real food routines” such as sprouting my grain, making all homemade bread products, prepping for real food lunches through the week (ahead of time), making homemade milk and water kefir, etc.
- Consistency in following my meal plan (I’ve gotten a LOT better with this recently; I just want to continue!)
- Consistency in my grocery shopping/planning (I’m almost there!)
- Consistency in prepping/planning for my preschool students and my boys at home (making sure to use what I prep for my students at home as well!)
- Consistency in making/buying natural products, detergents, home remedies, etc.
- Consistency in discipline
- Consistency in supplementing Karis’ school at home
Well… I guess you get the point. I feel that I have found my “niche” in just about everything in life… I just desire consistency. So, that’s my plan for the new year!